The past nine? ten? weeks have been full of ups and downs. It has not been easy. But it has also had some of the the most amazing times I’ve even experienced. Of course there’s always the people I could not have done it without. The Husband, mum, dadu, my bro and SIL, my part time helper and the numbers friends who cheered me along. This is not a post to thank them. It’s a post rather, to raise a glass to all the material stuff that made my weeks easier 😉 and I’d strongly recommend any new mother to get her hands on these!
(In no particular order)
- Medela Pump in Style double breast pump (lifesaver! since I exclusively pump and feed Z, I think besides my baby this is what I spend the most time with)
- Medela Breast Shields (good for sore nipples but don’t use them if you are leaking – they tend to spill)
- Medela PureLan cream
- Mustela Vitamin Barrier cream (touchwood Baby Z’s bottom is just as soft and smooth as the day he was born and I attribute it to using this)
- Cetaphil – we use the moisturising cream and the wash and it’s perfect! doesn’t burn, sting or even need to be rinsed off.
- Nuna Leaf (perfect lil rocker – I love that its not battery operated – no hassle of that needing to be changed)
- Nuna Sena (So much better than a cot bed! Z sweats a lot and all that padding would just prevent the air from circulating around him while he sleeps – the Sena is perfect!)
- Breast pads – Im not fussy, I use whatever is there and so far Pigeon is doing the job well for me
- The Belly Bandit (It’s a must have for a post Csec. The hospital gave me some abdominal binder but it was so itchy and rough – the bamboo bandit is fantastic and helped me shrink my tummy within a week!)
- Tommee Tippee bottles – We used these on Z since he came home from the hospital and he has never had nipple confusion. Not sure if thats because of the bottles or he’s just smart but either way, I love these!
- Allerhand Diaper bag – Holds in everything we need, looks fantastic and the Husband loves carrying it around
- Baby K’tan wrap – If you need a carrier that is zero fuss and super easy to put on, this is it! It goes on like a tee shirt and hugs your baby just like a regular wrap would.
- Lucas Papaw cream – For my Csec scar, for Z’s tiny facial scratches for practically everything under the sun – this lil red tube of magic is simply terrific!
- My Brest Friend – As nursing pillows goes, love this for the back support it offers and the easy in which I can place it around my body. Wish he wasn’t outgrowing it so fast)
- Fenugreek seeds – boosted my milk supply and I’m freezing milk again! 🙂
I’ll probably add to this list as time goes by but for now I know this is what has made my life that much more easier and I hope by sharing it can help others too.